Hi folks! I have a very good news for you. If you never heard about PowerShell Gallery then it great moment to look at and learn about this cool feature because SMLets is now available at PowerShell Gallery.
Glad to inform you that new version of the SMLets PowerShell comand lets was released couple days ago.
New and great book from Kerrie Meyler, Kurt Van Hoecke, Samuel Erskine and Steve Buchanan about SCSM 2012, the “System Center 2012 Service Manager Unleashed” is released! Must Have book for all who interested about SCSM 2012 and want to learn more!
Please read installation instruction carefully (especially “Before Installation” and “After Installation” sections)!!!
List of fixes:
- The Microsoft Systems Center 2012 Operations Manager configuration item (CI) connector does not retrieve disk mount point information for the Service Manager database.
- When a service request is created from a request offering in the console and when every user prompt is of the Simple List prompt type, the console shows options from all simple lists in each user prompt.
- When you try to close a customized change request, you cannot close the change request, the task throws an error, and the close is not actioned.
- MPSync job failures that are logged to the event log do not contain enough information to allow for a quick diagnosis of the problem.
- All Service Manager workflows may stall when any invalid XML characters (control characters) are used in a work item property.
- Using the “Set First Response or Comment” task in a service request creates a “Private” flag that cannot be used for evaluation in a notification action log or a user comment update. This behavior occurs because the private flag is undefined.
- If the configuration management database (CMDB) is down (that is, if it is offline or unable to connect because of network issues) at the time that the Health service is restarted and if the CMDB continues to be offline for a long time, the Health service may enter an unrecoverable state even if the database comes online again later.
- Configuration Manager Connector synchronization may stop after Update Rollup 2 for Service Manager 2012 SP1 or Update Rollup 6 for Service Manager 2012 R2 is applied. This issue occurs when the connector tries to synchronize malformed or incomplete software version information from the Configuration Manager database.
Please note: there are NO updates for SCSM 2012 SP1 available.
UPDATED 18.05.2014: Official information from Microsoft and workaround
More info here:
*** NOTE if you’re using SCCM Connector to synchronize data between SM and CM, do not install this Update Rollup (UR). We have discovered a regression in the UR payload which prevents the SCCM connector from successfully synchronizing in some cases. We expect a hotfix and / or the relevant documentation addressing this issue to be available very soon. Stay tuned for more information ***
This is list of fixed bug in SCSM 2012 R2 RTM. The list contains bugs founded in SCSM 2012 SP1 and SCSM 2012 R2 Preview.
Please note: this is not an official list of fixed bugs.
Using standard columns you can display only values from view’s fields. But what if you want to display some complex information: get values from several fields, format values or display values in with custom control? Using standard view editor this is impossible. But even in out-of-box views you can find examples of custom columns. For instance, “Incidents with Service Level Breached” view contain calculated column “Service Level Target”. This column check all target times from all SLO attached to incident and display the earliest target date.
Advanced View Editor 2 Pro allow you to add custom column. You can create your own custom columns and add it to AVE 2 Pro UI using simple template.
The SCSM have a great notification engine. And heart of this engine is notification templates. With notification templates you can define text of email message in plain text format or HTML format and insert links to object’s properties. You can use special tags like <group> to define complex table. Also you can define notification text for each language. But to test each template you must send tons of emails. In large environment, with lots of template, this is can be really painful.
The new version of the AVE 2 is available. Version 2.0.1561.42 bring to live two new feature: Copy View task and ability to display information from column with same name but different type in My Work Items View.
With Copy View task you can copy any unsealed view. This feature will be useful if you need to create couple views with almost same settings (for instance views for each support group). Copy View task available on for AVE 2 Pro.
Please check the AVE 2 official page to find more information.
Very short new. The Update Rollup 2 for System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 is available. Please follow this link to read description. Download link should be available shortly.
List of fixed for Service Manager:
If the number of “Manual Activities” that are displayed in the Service Manager Portal exceeds a certain limit, page loads may time out and do not render correctly. This results in a blank page.
Incorrect cleanup of a custom related type causes grooming on the EntityChangeLog table to stall. This causes the table to grow significantly.
Service requests complete unexpectedly because of a race condition between workflows.
The console crashes when you double-click a parent incident link on an extended incident class.
PowerShell tasks that were created by using the authoring tool do not run because of an incorrect reference to certain assemblies.
The Exchange management pack is stuck in a Pending state after management pack synchronization.