The SCSM have a great notification engine. And heart of this engine is notification templates. With notification templates you can define text of email message in plain text format or HTML format and insert links to object’s properties. You can use special tags like <group> to define complex table. Also you can define notification text for each language. But to test each template you must send tons of emails. In large environment, with lots of template, this is can be really painful.
The Email Template Tester allows you to test notification template without sending real emails: it’s display message based on selected item in SCSM console. You can test any notification templates targeted to any class, HTML-enabled or plain text templates. Everything what you need is:
- Select your template in SCSM console
- Press Test Template console task
- Select object from picker (class will be selected automatically based on template’s target)
- Check the output of HTML
- To test notification with another language just change console’s language:
How to install:
- Download MPB (UPDATE: this tool now available from itnetX as free download, you can request it here: http://itnetx.ch/products/free-software/ )
- Import to SCSM
- Optionally, if you want to run this tool on workstation, copy Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Notifications.Workflows.dll from management server to console’s folder on your local workstation.