When you have installed the SCSM web-portal you will have two sites: standard root site for team work and child site SMPortal with SCSM web-portal itself. If you want to use one SMportal you can move it to root level.
To do that you must:
- Launch the “SharePoint 2010 Management Shell” (PowerShell).
- To export site run command:
Export-SPWeb -Identity http://scsm12/SMPortal -Path с:\SMPortal\SMPortalSite.bak
http://scsm12/SMPortal – full URL to SMPortal site
с:\SMPortal\SMPortalSite.bak – full path to file where copy will saved
- To replace root site run command:
Import-SPWeb -Identity http://scsm12 -path “c:\SMPortal\SMPortalSite.bak” –Force
- Open the http://scsm12 and check the changes.
Same aproach you can use to transfer SMportal site to any Sharepoint server, To do that you must prepare your Sharepoint server:
- Install English Language Pack if you use non-english Sharepoint (Sharepoint Server LP or Sharepoint Foundation LP)
- Install SP for Language Pack if necessary.
- Deploy SCSM web-parts.